Thursday, June 4, 2015

My first day eating out... laughing in pain... & Day 3 of my 21 Day Fix


It was National Running Day yesterday...
 
& I didn't run.
 
I think that's the first time that happened in a few years.  I actually was OK missing it.  Mainly because I couldn't basically move my legs in a normal way after working out with the 21 Day fix Lower Fix...
 
OH MY GOSH...
 
I know my body needs to get some muscle - to tone up... I never realized how much my body cries when it gets pushed to new limits.  But I did the full work out.
 
At one point, I literally started giggling like I was out of my mind because my butt kept cramping up when we had to do round 2 of an exercise.  Laughter is better then crying right?  ... who am I kidding, I may have shed a few tears while laughing.
 
 
So yeah, I'm on Day 3 of the 21 Day Fix.  Still really no complaints.
 
& yesterday was exciting for me... I ATE OUT!  Met Ricky for lunch, who said he wasn't sure I was coming because he didn't know how I was going to eat there.  OK... if a change in lifestyle has me never able to eat out, I'll just give up on everything... I refuse to not be able to live life... its just making smart choices in every day situations - right? So I went to Subway.  The easiest place to start, I think.
 
I just ordered a chopped salad - which you can tell every Subway employee rolls their eyes & hates when someone orders these.  The extra bowl they have to clean up afterwards. I don't blame them.
 
Every Subway employee ever making a salad
 
But they know me from our Wednesday lunches & know I always get a veggie patty so the lady asked me, "Do you want a veggie patty on it?".... these people get me.
 
So I got it with a veggie patty, tomato, cucumbers & peppers.  She asked me like 5 times, "You really don't want cheese?"... I do... but no.
 
& I asked for half spinach & she didn't hear me & didn't do it. Dang it. Next time I'll be louder about it.
 
I forgot to bring my own vinaigrette from home & got theirs, but literally just a drizzle ... & I ended up getting apples, which in hindsight, I wish I would have put ON the salad... but for my first time eating out, I think it was a success.
 
But here's more what my day looked like for Day 3
 
 


Breakfast - another egg wrap with spinach

Snack 1 - My mom taught me this trick when she was on Weight Watchers.  Take cottage cheese, put cinnamon on it (Free food) & one pack of Stevia (Free food)... its like a dessert.  YUMMM!!!!!!

21

Lunch - Subway

21 day
& I didn't eat all of the lettuc

Snack 2 - Vegan Strawberry Shakeology.  I will say, the strawberry is MUCH MUCH better then the chocolate vegan.  I'm so glad I have these sample packs so I can see which one I like.

2q snack


Dinner - left overs from last night. I was going to make dinner but Ricky literally ate a WHOLE CARTON of ice cream sitting in traffic on the way home.  Needless to say, he was sick to his stomach & didn't want dinner so I just used everything from the day before - sweet potato, a veggie patty & broccoli/cauliflower.  Better the second time around.  I had my blue container left for the day so used it for feta cheese & put on my veggie burger & veggies. YES!

Snack 3 - grapes

Another day full of great healthy food... & another day spot on in the nutrition.

21

It's so exciting to me to see the end day results now.

Pressing On to Day 4

Do you like Subway Salads?
 
Do you love or hate leg day?

Did you run for National Running Day?

8 comments:

  1. I'm still giggling just looking at Ricky Gervais. Keep up the great work! I do not like salads, except an occasional one made with spinach. I've always like my veggies cooked. I did run yesterday morning, without remembering what day it was. HA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've been to that point where my body is so sore I go between giggling and crying... until it all comes together :) I actually didnt run because I was all day doing a physical exam. Boo! But trying to find out why I've had two upper respiratory infections since January. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your GIF's are the best! What a great day you had :) Awesome, I love the Strawberry Shakelology too, I didn't love the chocolate either. I think the other one I loved may have been called Triple berry (?) it's been awhile since I've had it, but it was delicious.
    I hate leg day lol sometimes when i realize how inflexible and weak I am, I am amazed I can run at all, I just keep working on it :) I tried to run last night after doing some leg work, I crawled to two miles. You were smart to scrap it lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've TOTALLY been there where you're so sore you just want to cry and laugh like a crazy person lol. Way to go with your nutrition game too! I'm definitely a carb-o-holic so I need to constantly keep myself in check haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i used to love subway salads. half spinach is where it's at, i would have been like HEY YOU FORGOT MY SPINACH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you. You know I didn't run yesterday either!
    Ya know I have never had Cottage cheese. I just can't get past the look and texture of it...lol. I don't think I've ever had a subway salad. I had a watermelon salad today at lunch though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Subway salads and I have no doubt about the eye rolling from the employees and everyone in line behind me, they just seem to take longer to make. I love cottage cheese with just pepper on it.. so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing so good!! I've always thought the workouts looked intense. Just the way I like them! Ricky ate a while carton of ice cream?? Lol! I can eat a while carton in one day, but not one sitting!!

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**