Thursday, June 11, 2015

21 Day Fix ... day 10

I can't believe I'm half way through this thing....

3 weeks goes by really fast.

& as Ricky asked me, "What happens after you get done with the 21 days?"... I'm sure I'll continue on.  I see where people do 'another round' over & over to get where they want to be.

I really do have a goal in mind that I know isn't going to be accomplished in 3 weeks. It's going to take some time.  & I may not stick with this the whole time, but I will for awhile.  Just to learn these healthy eating habits better - to get them engrained in me.


Someone asked me the other day if I miss things, & the truth, I'm finding I'm doing ok with that.

I'm a bread person. I always said I could do away with ALL other food groups, but give me carbs & I'm good.

(Can I just say, I accidentally wrote "give me crabs"... haha... fixed that quick)

But we were out at dinner last weekend & they brought bread to the table. I did good - didn't want to devour it.  I've had crackers in front of me - I haven't touched them. I haven't had pasta in 2 weeks.  I haven't even had a slice of bread since I started.  Look at me.  Who am I?


I'm surviving.

I keep telling my co-worker its about learning new things about food.

Like before, I usually grab a hand full of nuts & think nothing of eating them.  Now, I fill up this itty bitty cup of nuts, which is 2TSP size - about 11 nuts... & its really OK & enough for me.  I would have never known this before I started this plan.


& one note of progress.... I did the Lower Body Fix last night. Almost cried thinking about doing it.  It hurt so bad last week & I didn't want to re-live that... but I made it through & while sore most of the night, I did wake up this morning & I'm OK.  I'm a tad sore - as I should be - but I'm not crying with each step.  PROGRESS!


Here was my food for the day


Breakfast - 2 eggs on a wheat tortilla & yellow peppers

Snack #1 - cottage cheese + stevia + cinnamon - (This really was a filling snack. I need to do this more often)

Lunch - Subway with the hubs - a veggie patty salad with only veggies, a splash of honey mustard.

Snack #2 - Shakeology + small banana (Before work out)
2 TSP of nuts (after workout)

Dinner - Tilapia with brown rice & broccoli with cheese.  (Thank you Lord I get that one blue cup a day)

21 day fix

Snack #3 - 16 dark chocolate chips

REMAINING:  1 green - 3 purple (dang! missed out on some good fruits) - 1 Red - 1 Yellow - 4 Tsp

I was so in check for the day on calories / fat / carbs/ protein / fiber / sugar... perfect actually

I'm loving learning all of this...

Pressing On to day 11

4 comments:

  1. Your doing great! The one great thing about this program is 3 weeks is long enough to create new habits, so even if you don't do the 21 day fix, if you keep eating like on the program, you've got a much healthier life ahead of you and the results will just keep coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are doing so amazing! that dinner looks so good. and yay for not being as sore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am intrigued with these color cups. Can you tell me where you got them? I would love for my husband to do this plan but he eats out every day and I know he won't make the effort to stick with it :(

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**