Monday, June 22, 2015

21 days done of 21 day Fix - Round 1 over... results

21 days... done.

Man, that went fast.

I was anxious to see my final results.  I actually did them ON Day 21. I figure that one more day wasn't going to make or break anything.



So in the end, I actually lost 5 lbs... & honestly, I know my scale is off.  I went to the doctor the other day & their scale had me down another 2.5 lbs then what mine said... & I forgot we have a scale in the basement. I went down there & weighed & it was actually 4 lbs less then what my scale I've been using said!  So it really could be 9 lbs down.   I'll take that lower number please & thank you...

But since I started on this scale, I'm just keeping this for the number.

Know I'll be doing my other weigh ins on the scale in the basement now!

But I couldn't believe the inches.... It was 2.5 off my waist - 2.5 off of my hips... & a few inches off each arm & each thigh & 1.5 off my hips.  I was THRILLED!!!!


I don't mind my body dropping inches one bit.

So now I'm heading into Round 2. 

I think I'm going to go back to my P90X3 videos though. My legs honestly can't handle the 21 Day Fix videos.  Its every day working them... maybe when I build some more muscle up, I'll do these again, but for now, I'm going to try something different.
P90X3 still incorporates lower body, upper body, cardio, yoga... so everything may not work for everyone.  Gotta be flexible.

This weekend I had a baby shower & was proud of myself for the food choices.  My plate was covered in fruits & veggies with homemade hummus.  It was all so delicious & I was glad I didn't have to sit there with an empty plate while everyone else was chowing down.

But it was funny because everyone at the table was like, "you're making me feel bad eating what's on my plate & looking at yours"... & someone asked, "What diet are you on?"... it ended up turning me into a sales person for 21 Day fix because they were asking all sorts of questions.  "That's the one with those little colored boxes - right?" ... yep... everyone sees those infomercials apparently.


But I'm just glad I have some lost on this... I know its not as big of a loss as most people.  That's ok.

I've been reading that if you have a pretty good habit of healthy eating & working out, its harder to loose the weight as fast in the beginning.  Makes sense.  For me, it really has been about portion control... & fighting a 43 yr old metabolism. Good times.

So, I wont be doing posts directly aimed to the 21 day fix - but I know it will be mentioned - because its going to be a lifestyle change for me now. I can tell.  I'm in the habit now of looking at foods & figuring out what color container it is & how much can fit in it. 

They may have created a monster actually.


For now, I'm excited to keep PRESSING ON...Round 2, here we go!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! This is why I don't pay much attention to scales. If you stick to one, it's okay for comparison as opposed to an accurate number, but other than that, it can be too obsessive. If clothes start to fit differently, then you know you're on to something.
    I have to admit to being kind of annoyed when people make comments about what I'm eating. It doesn't matter if I'm eating an apple or a cupcake. Eat your own food and worry about yourself. What I'm doing should really not bother you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! The weight AND the inches. You go, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I think it's more about the inches than the weight! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your first round! Such great starting point and motivation to keep going! You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job! And see you kept being worried about not losing for nothing! I would definitely say go with the 9 pounds, and the inches on the waist that is even more awesome than weight loss, I am all for inches lost, I'd take 5 inches off my waist over 20 pounds any day, LOL Woot Woot, great job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo!! I'm so glad this worked for you and that you're going to do round 2! I've heard that p90x3 is really good. Congrats on the weight loss and inches lost!!

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**