Monday, March 17, 2014

Still a lot of miles....

8 miles...

No - not the Eminem movie...

I see them saying, RUN RUN RUN
Thanks Eminem

That's what I mentioned on here before was what was called for my Long run training this weekend...
& my problem being my time schedule.

it was no joke, I was busy from the time I got up to the setting of the sun where I literally went to bed with wet hair & my eyes felt like they had cement on them.


I was going to get up early, as some of you suggested, & get in the miles, but we were going to go see my niece play her last season basketball game.

Turns out, breakfast took a turn on both me & the Hubs & let's just say, thank goodness we have separate bathrooms to dash too.

There was no going to the game... even more so, no headed out for running... no way...

But thankfully *THANK YOU JESUS* my stomach eased up & I was heading out the door in the afternoon for my photo session.

That's always a good decent walk.. & it was a gorgeous GORGEOUS day...

I got home & started uploading pictures & while that was processing, I went out back with my dogs.  It was just so beautiful & I thought, I'll be so mad at myself if I don't get the miles in...

So I head in, change & put on my new shoes & I'm out the door...


I did have intentions of getting as far as I could. The plan was hopefully 6-7 miles.  On my road, I have to do weird routes to get anything more then that...

But before I knew it, I turned around & the sun was setting.  I honestly didn't pay any attention to what time it was when I left.  Not to mention, half our clocks are still an hour behind.  Don't judge... we're the people who just got our Christmas tree down this weekend.  (seriously... you'd see it if you follow me on Instagram)

Now, I live in a country road with no lights, no sidewalks, tree lines streets that makes everything 20% darker.. & I'm out there with black pants on, a dark green shirt & dark shoes... no reflectors... nothing light on... I'm screwed...

this is how I felt running in the dark streets with the trees

not to mention, the temperature dropped like dramatically. I kept feeling these horribly cold winds coming in...
which by the way, the warm air?  Gone... poof... it snowed the next day...

But I was still going... until my Prince came to rescue me in his Ford F-150 Truck...

Ricky came pulling up next to me & said, "THE MOON IS OUT!"... yeah... I noticed that...

He said he didn't even see me on the road until he was right up on me in my dark clothes so he made me get in the car with him & he drove me home.

I was ok with that.

In the end, I only got in 5.5 miles, BUT, at the end of the day with all the walking, I got in over 10 miles...


that's gotta count for something - right?

How was your weekend?
Get a good long run in?
Was the weather warm one day... or even BOTH?  Does that happen in places?

5 comments:

  1. Nice job on getting those miles in!! That is scary, though, that you didn't have any reflectors on in the dark - I would be freaking out slightly lol. Luckily your knight in shining armour came to rescue you! :0) Glad to hear your tummy took a turn for the better in time for your photo session!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He might as well rode up on a horse to save me :)
      Yeah... I stopped at Walgreens on the way for Immdium, JUST in case. everything was OK though. Whew! :)

      Delete
  2. Yay for getting in 10 miles but please be careful running in the dark. Too many accidents have happened lately with runners being hit by cars. Don't scare me!! I have a soft spot for guys who drive F-150's. I get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting in 10 miles but please be careful running in the dark. Too many accidents have happened lately with runners being hit by cars. Don't scare me!! I have a soft spot for guys who drive F-150's. I get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man... I didn't want to be out in the dark.. it totally took me by surprise. I'll be more aware now. It gave me the creeps.

      Delete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**