Thursday, March 13, 2014

Do I need to break up with you long run?

We're at that time in my half marathon training where its getting serious.

After all, the race is in 6 weeks... unbelievable...

But my long runs are getting longer... at least for me.

I'm up to having to do 8, 9 or 10 miles over the next few weeks.  I know some people can whip that out like its nothing. 

Our local 10K was just ran & the women's winner did it in like 33 minutes... are you kidding me?  I'd probably still be able to see the START line behind me if I turned around at that point.

I'm slow... I mean SSSLLLLOOOWWWWWWW...


So 8, 9, or 10 miles - it takes me awhile.

My problem?  I'm a photographer & my photo season starts up this weekend.  Which means my days are getting ready to be full... on top of already being full... & that's without running.

So I'm in a situation I don't know how to handle...

I'm even looking at my calendar & thinking that this is going to be near impossible & I just need to give up the idea of this race... but then that ticks me off... & I bounce back & forth...

Do I run early & chance being tight & sore for another 3-4 mile walk with photography clients, trying to cover my moans & groans of pain?
Do I run late when I've finished sessions & know I have pictures waiting to be edited & my house needs to be cleaned... & my the other 1,000 things I need to do is on my mind?

Or is it possible to break up the long miles?

Is that beneficial?  I'm really wondering.

I was thinking, this weekend, I need to do 8 miles.  My sessions start in the afternoon.  Can I run maybe 4 or 5 in the morning - something my body is easily used to... & then get in a 5k at night.  I don't mind doing a 5k on the treadmill at night.

I don't know if that is something that would work or not - & I mean by keeping me ready for race day.  Does that help with endurance if its broken up?

yes Long run, I may have to....

I'm going to try & figure this all out...

Time is not on my side

3 comments:

  1. I would definitely recommend running in the early mornings if you can. Even though you may be sore walking around with your clients, I guarantee you that doing that walking is actually beneficial. It keeps your muscles from getting too tight. Hope this helps! Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true... not to mention, maybe the whole session will take my mind off any soreness :)

      Delete
  2. You can do it! Your body will get used to the mileage and like Lauren said, the added walking with your clients will help with soreness.

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**