Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I'll lay money on it....

Today kicks off something new for me.

I had just recently heard of Diet Bet from another blogger who started a game herself with an entry fee of $15.00

Entry fee?
What?

So I went over to their site http://www.dietbetter.com/ to look at this idea.


What you do it buy into the pot & there are either 2 plans you can do - whichever your host chooses.  The goal is to loose 4% of your body weight in 4 weeks, or 10% in 6 months. That one would be easier it seems, but most of the challenges are 4 weeks.  That's OK - I want changes & I want them fast & quick.

If you make your goal at the end of the 4 weeks, you get a portion of the pot, the money that was put up for the entry fee, less fees from Diet Bet ...

Seems pretty cool really...

Well, I ended up not joining into my friend's game because I was still debating if I wanted that kind of commitment or challenge.

Then 2 of my favorite people that inspire me, Chris & Heidi Powell, they started a new challenge. 

They are just the cutest!!!

My weight is a constant struggle & I thought, why not?  let's put my money where my mouth is...

Their entry fee was $30 - a little more then I really wanted, but it gives me a better incentive. 

& today is the first day, with the pot being a little over $100,000!!!! 

That makes the entrants on this one over 3,000 people...

3,000 all struggling with the same thing... weight... getting it off... keeping it off.

I'll be happy to make my goal & see what the pay off is... I'd be happy if so many people make it, the money I get back is what I put in - even less after the fees - that would mean EVERYONE made it!

I just want to make it....

28 days.  Here we go.

4 comments:

  1. OMG AWESOME!! You go girl!! I'm rooting for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard only good things about DietBet -- good luck!!

    Have you checked out the Pact app? It's similar only challenges the individual to work out (treadmill, gym, outside, etc.) or do a food log (MyFitnessPal) or a veggie/fruit pact (up to 5/day). If you don't make your pact, it charges you $5 per day missed. But if you make your pact, you get 'earnings' that come from all the people who didn't make their pacts for that week. In a year, I've missed one day of one week but have earned more than $100 -- not a lot over the course of a year but it does cover either one pair of shoes from my running store or a few race fees. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that!!!! I need to check that out!!!!

      Delete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**