Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Spider Tech Woman... please move closer to me...

So when I went to the expo for my last race, I was excited to see someone applying kinesiology tape.  I was ready to knock everyone out of my way to get there & get taped up.  I love this stuff.

I was hoping someone would be there because I can do my knee & my bicep tendonitis fairly well... my low back?  Yeah - not easy to get to on my own.

My poor hubby...

he tries...

He watches video after video on how to apply this stuff but it never works.  I'm not sure what's going on when he does it.

So yes, I was taped, it got me through the race & my back has felt great for the past week.

... & then... it happened...

Saturday evening, it came off.

I literally wanted to scream, "WHY GOD?"


I guess all good things come to an end.

I thought, its OK... it gave my back time to mend up, its all going to be OK.

Except it wasn't.

Last night, I got out of my car & my back got the worse pain.  Like it had a cramp right in my low back, right where my bulging disc is.

I almost didn't work out & then thought, "Screw that" & popped in my T25 video for the day.  It was rough.  I couldn't move my left leg very well, but once I would get it going, it felt better.  It's when I'd stop that the pain was & then I'd have to work to get moving again.

Actually, working out helped.  Don't know if warming up the muscles helped or what, but I was doing better after the work out then before the work out.

There's advertising for exercise for you.


I got my shower & then thought, let's see what we can do with my KT Tape - see if we can do the same sort of taping....

called the hubs, who said, "I know this isn't going to work"... I was keeping the attitude of, "its going to be just fine"...

It got it on... & it felt good...

except the tape popped off last night in bed while I turned over.

DANG IT!

The lady that put this on for me the first time has a shop, but its like over an hour away from my home.  I can't do that weekly.  Because believe me, if she were close by, I seriously would pay weekly for her to do it. Not even joking.  $10?  Heck yeah, once a week please.

So I just ordered the Spider Tech tape that is pre cut & I'm going to make my husband study & study & study again this video...

Its going to work. He's going to be a Spider Tech pro...

& I'm going to have a happy back...

11 comments:

  1. Interesting. I pray your back gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your back gets better soon! Until then, be careful with those workouts - don't let it get worse! :0) I hope your husband can master the art of KT Taping soon lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give him a black belt to wear if he can master it :)

      Delete
  3. You can do it, Hubby! Would yoga and/or foam rolling help at all with your back?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad face for your back pain :( No pain is fun, but back pain just takes the cake...actually not cake b/c cake is yummy and back is not. Good luck with the pre-cut stuff, I hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take cake any time over back pain :) But that would probably make me gain weight causing MORE back pain... everything always goes full circle :)

      Delete
  5. Ugh. I've been dealing with back issues, too. You might want to try Rock Tape, too. It's pretty sticky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try that. Someone else recommended it. I always used KT Tape but it always ALWAYS comes off sooner then it should.

      Delete
  6. I nominated you for a Leibster Award http://unexpectedrunner.wordpress.com/2014/04/30/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**