Thursday, April 24, 2014

Forget pretty....

I've been a subscriber to Birch Box for almost 2 years.

If you're not familiar with Birch Box, you pay a monthly fee & get a box every month shipped to you with beauty products.  Samples of things you have no idea even existed... or at least I didn't.

I'm not a big make up person.  I do good to slap on Bare Minerals & some mascara.  The plus side, it takes me literally 5 minutes to put on my make up...

I totally don't have time for this kind of hair & makeup!!!

So I thought it would be fun to try this & see if I could find something to make me beautiful... or at least cover up my age spots...

Well, over the past year & a half, I probably use one or two products out of each box.  I have one big box where I throw everything else.  I couldn't use half of the other products because my skin is so sensitive.  Let me try any sort of moisturizer or face product & I'm like a teenager in puberty with an acne face like you wouldn't believe.

That's not attractive on a 42 yr old woman...

So then yesterday, I noticed something on another blog...

Nature Box


Same sort of thing.  You purchase a subscription & they send you items once a month.

The difference?  This box is full of healthy snacks.

Food over beauty?

EVERY TIME will be my choice.

So I clicked right on over to Birch Box - canceled that subscription & joined Nature Box.

You can pick how many snacks you get a month & can even add in what you want. 

Decisions decisions...

I chose 4 & decided to let them surprise me with the last one...


I can't wait to get it & try it out.

The good thing - I know there won't be a box full of things I don't use on this one!

Have you ever tried Nature Box before?

6 comments:

  1. Well that sounds pretty cool!! How much per month just out of curiosity? Worth it so far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the smallest box is 5 snacks for $19.95 a month - I got the 10 snacks for $29.95 & then there's one more - I think 20 snacks for $39.95... I spent that on snacks in a week anyways :)

      Delete
  2. I also do Birchbox (this is my 2nd year) and did a 3 month subscription to Nature Box (I got it as a bday gift.) I liked it, but not as much as I thought I was going to and I was surprised at how much sugar was in a lot of what I got. I really want to try a runner's box next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have runner's boxes? OH man - I need to look further into it!

      Delete
  3. I've heard of both the Birch and the Nature boxes. I have a free month's delivery of a Bulu Box ... it's supposed to be full of "health" items ... but we shall see. So many boxes, so little time (and so low on funds). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to check out Bulu Boxes now! :)

      Delete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**