Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Liebster Award

You like me... you really like me...

Sorry - I can't hear "award" & not think of Sally Field.

But I did get this Liebster Award that is going around from two awesome bloggers.

liebster

The first from my amazing blog friend Lauren from  Lauren's Glass Slipper ... she's always so faithful in commenting & being a source of encouragement...

Then I got it again from Unexpected Runner who I met on Facebook & finding to be another cool running chic... gotta love those kinds of chics...

So there are rules to this award business... here they are...

The Liebster Award Rules 1. You must link back to the person who nominated you
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award
4. You must create 10 questions for your nominees
5. You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees

So I'll answer the first set of questions I got first & then the next...

Good thing I love questions...

here we go

1. So far, what is your favorite race that you have run and why?
The Ky Derby Mini Marathon in 2012 ... I hit my time I was trying for & when I realized I was going to do it, I saw my husband. I started crying & asked him to finish with me. I crossed the finish line under my time by like 0.5 seconds & I cried like a baby in sheer joy.

2. What is your favorite childhood memory?
So many... I had a fantastic childhood. Memories of late night kick ball games, fishing trips with grandparents, Gatlinburg trips with my parents every year... I have no complaints about my childhood

3. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
The voice to say what I'm thinking on any subject... & then finding like minded people who you really get to know...

4. What are you most passionate about?
Animals.... Being a vegetarian & taking care of my dogs... I hate animal abuse & hate to see any animal get hurt in any way...

5. What is your dream job?
I wish I would have been a school teacher...

6. If a movie were to be made about your life, what celebrity would play you?
Drew Barrymore or Rachel McAdams...
neither one looks a thing like me but I always tell everyone I think I look like them.
#wishfulthinking


7. If you could have played a character from any movie, who would you pick?
Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge.   Those Clothes... a musical... Ewan McGregor singing with me?  Yes to all the above.
Plus, I'm sure I can rock a death scene.



8. What is your favorite Disney movie and why?
If you never need to know anything about me, its that I'm obsessed with Beauty & the Beast. I mean OBSESSED.  I had 2 bedrooms dedicated to nothing but B&B collectibles at one point. I fully believe I am Belle... & yes, my husband is exactly like the Beast... at the end that is... when he turns into the Prince - the long red hair. It's my husband.  You have no idea how long I've been obsessed with the whole Beauty & the Beast story. I even go back to the TV show with Katherine & Vincent... I'm telling you - OBSESSED
Don't be mistaken for me & my husband here



9. What is the #1 race on your bucket list?
Disney Princess Half Marathon - without a doubt

10. If you could choose one food to have zero calories, what would it be?
Chocolate

OK... hanging in there with me?

Let's do the 2nd round of questions...

1. Road, trail, or mud?
I'd go with Trail... just because that means I'd probably be in trees & trees are the best.

2. What is your preferred distance?
I love a good 10K... long enough but short enough

3. What is your “dream” race?
Same as above... Disney Princess Half Marathon... I've gotta do it before I die... just gotta!

4. What fitness app do you use the most?
I use my My Fitness Pal more then anything... always good to depress myself & talk myself out of snacks I would otherwise eat.

5. What do you do for cross training?
Right now, I'm in the T25 for my cross training... but I have a good supply of awesome 80's work out videos that still rock you out pretty hard core.

6. What is your funniest running or race story?
I'll go with this past half marathon I ran... it was over & me & my hubs were walking back to the car.  You had to cross the road where the race was happening. My poor husband is oblivious sometimes & walked right out in front of the marathoners & he didn't even noticed them.  The runners were going all around him & he STILL didn't see them.  I just stood on the side of the road laughing at him.  I was afraid to tell him to watch out because I know him - he would have ran into every single one of them like a bowling ball in a bowling alley... I still laugh about it.


7.  If you have one, who is your favorite running partner? If you don’t have one, what celebrity would you most like to join you on a run?
I don't have a running partner - so I'll go with a celebrity & it would be Drew Carey... I say that because I would imagine he would be entertaining on the way & I know he's a runner. 

8. How many pairs of exercise-related shoes do you own?
Oh wow... off the top of my head, I know I have 6 boxes of running shoes on the inside of my closet - that's not counting what is stored over head...



I love my running shoes.

9. What is your favorite snack?
Healthy or not?  My favorite healthy snack is a Clif Mojo Mountain Mix Bar... mmmm..
Not healthy?  A York Peppermint Patty


10. What is one thing that you can do today that you never thought you would be able to accomplish?
I always said I'd never run. I tore my hamstrings in martial arts young & have knee problems ever since.  So that I've done 6 half marathons & a few dozen other races blows my mind... completely.... even still....

So my turn to forward it on... & I think most of the running blogs I read have already received it... but I'll pass it on anyways so you can see the links of some of my favorites... 

Corey at Fatherverse
Rennay at Vegetarian in the Ville
The Princesses at 2 Princesses on the Run
Maria from The Good Life Girl
 The awesome sisters at Fairy Tales & Fitness
Anita at Running Against the Odds
Katie at From Ice Cream to Marathon
Rachel at Running Rachel
My wedding co-hort at Runaway Bridal Planner

& my questions for you to answer, if you haven't already done so.
If you have, just pick one & leave your answer in my comments :)

1. Your favorite piece of running equipment?
2. When did you start running & why?
3. Favorite athlete (can be in any sport)
4. Shorts, capris or running skirt?
5. Favorite brand of shoes?
6. Worse running injury?
7. What you wish you could go back & tell your younger running self?
8. What one food do you usually eat every day?
9. Favorite TV show you're watching right now?
10. Favorite Disney Character you relate to the most :)

Thanks again for sending me the award.
Its been really cool - I have been blogging for 7 years at my other blog (link is above) but starting the 'running/fitness' blog has been a new thing that I'm glad I've done - have met the coolest people that inspire me!

12 comments:

  1. beauty & the beast is my fave too! then the little mermaid :) i always loved belle because she read lots. lol.
    also, i am hoping to do the princess half next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep... I turned my dining room into a library when we moved to our home. I always say my husband gave me a library like the Beast did :)

      Delete
  2. I always think it is fun to read these and learn more about people. I prefer trails to but most of my trails are minimal trees and I am a fan of that, you never know what is hiding in those trees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no... now I'll be nervous thinking about things jumping out from trees. Even on my country road, I'm already had deer pop out from trees... so even my roads aren't safe :)

      Delete
  3. I love love love your answers! Beauty and the Beast is a GREAT movie. Moulin Rouge is also fantastic - even though the ending makes me cry like a baby (every.time.)!

    I am right there with you in having a passion for animals - I truly believe we need to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I turn off Moulin Rouge when they finish the big finale song... right as the Duke walks out. No joke. I do it every time. A happy ending when I watch it! haha!

      Delete
  4. Loved reading your answers!!! You gave me big smiles that I made your list:) I really enjoy reading your blog too! Its fun that we both totally understand the wedding thing, and all the work that goes into things:) Not a lot of people get that, so it's so fun to meet people that do:) - cheers my blogging friend -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO one knows our 'pain' ;) haha! We can always cry on each other's shoulder - that's for sure! :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the nomination! We will be doing a post on this soon, but I will answer your questions now.
    1.Definitely my Garmin
    2. 2010 because I wanted to do the Disney race!

    3.okay, now this is REALLY old, but my favorite athlete was Kim Zmeskal. She was a gymnast and I followed her career all the way to the Olympics and beyond.

    4. All 3
    5. That's a toughy, I have different shoes for different times but my faves so far are Saucony, Adidas and Altra.

    6.The one I have now. ITBS

    7. That running is not a waste of time. ( that was my thought when I was asked to run track in HS)

    8.This is hard. I rarely eat the same thing every day. I like to have a glass of Vanilla Almond milk often. Does that count?

    9.Favorite show that is currently on TV is Modern Family but I love my reruns of Sex and the city.

    10 disney character - sleeping Beauty. Because I could fall asleep at any time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love all the answers! & yes, I will sit & watch Sex & the City every time its on reruns too :)
      & I have been dragging this week so I totally appreciate your Sleeping Beauty answer!
      Thanks for playing along!

      Delete
  6. PS: We have got to get you to the Princess Half Marathon next year!

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**