Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Work out Dilemma

So I posted yesterday about how I was waiting by the door for my T25...

The Fed-Ex guy must read my blog because as soon as I got home from work, someone pulled up into my drive way & left a package..

YES.. here it is...

Media preview

I really was like a kid on Christmas morning.  Give me scissors to cut the box & STAND BACK.. mainly because I'm really dangerous with scissors.

I poured into the box.  Then said, "Where's the books?"... it was supposed to come with a cookbook with 5 ingredients or less & a chart to keep track of everything... but they were there - just a LOT smaller then I thought.  They fit in the DVD box.

So I'm excited... going to start on Monday... because the chart tells me to start on a Monday.

& then I looked at my calendar & my dilemma begins...

I'm registered to run the Kentucky Derby miniMarathon on April 19th... paid in full...

 

& my training that I follow (Marathon for Mortals) has a 14 week plan... which would start on, you guessed it, Monday...

So what do I do?

The running plan has me running on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & a long run on Saturday... with cross training on Wednesday & Friday...

So do I put off the T25 until I get through the running training?
Do I forget the race & first try & get fit with this T25, which lasts 10 weeks?
Or do I go REALLY crazy & try to do BOTH?

T25 workout is 6 days a week

I actually thought about this last night... if I do both, I could potentially get up at 5am & do the T25 in the morning before work... which would require some SERIOUS dedication.  I'd have to be in bed early, which freaks me out because I do love my night time TV...

Priorities... gotta have 'em...

 & I'm not much of a morning workout person...

This would be me in the morning


But then I could dedicate nights for running... & if there is no running scheduled, just relax on those nights since I got my cross training in with the T25 earlier...

I don't know what to do...

Do I really push myself?  Maybe cause more injuries with my back & knee? ... or do I push myself & become some sort of She-Beast that is amazing & find strength I never knew I had?

I know this is giving my brain a workout...

I have to Monday to decide....

1 comment:

  1. You have quite the dilemma.. Ugh..I hate these things. I say stick with your FIRST commitment. That was your marathon. You are invested in that. You already own T25. I would be concerned it you decided to do both. If you bite off too much you run the risk of injury or burn out.
    Tough choice. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**