Friday, January 24, 2014

Despises himself...

I was at a Church Leader conference a few weeks ago & of course, was in the Bible...

A verse came out at me...

It was an unusual one because as someone who struggles with weight & food issues, it just hit me in that direction.  Probably not the direction it was originally intended... but it still hit me in the gut..



Eating & taking care of yourself is really a lot about discipline to me.

Making the time
Making the choices

& the words "despises himself"... harsh words... but really, I have sat & cried, yes, literally cried because of the way I feel when I haven't been disciplined. 

Because of the way my clothes feel... because of the number on the scale.. because of how I feel in my body ... all because a lack of discipline...

So not sure about you, but the Bible is really forcing me to look at my discipline...

& not ignore it...


1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of a fantastic quote... "The pain of discipline is far less than the pain of regret"

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**