Friday, January 10, 2014

Fruits & Veggies... where are you?

I'm still on the fence about the whole "Food Diary" thing, as you know if you saw my post the other day about it...

I actually tried a simple thing the past few days ... in the bottom of my journal, just a column for Fruits (F) & a column for Veggies (V) ...the idea is to just mark it down when I've had a serving.  We all know fruits & veggies are good for you... so I should have a whole lot of marks in these columns - right?

Just in the past few days, I've been shocked...

I think I had 1 mark next to Veggies on Wednesday...

Yesterday?  Nothing... not one mark!... NOT ONE FREAKING FRUIT OR VEGGIE!!

I need someone to do this to me apparently.....

I made it through a whole day of not one fruit or vegetable going into my system...

Seriously?

I think I just saw where my problem is with my diet...

Especially being a vegetarian, I should be overloading those columns with marks...

I've never really thought about it all before... just sort of looked at calories & fat & sugar & protein... but everyone needs basic fruits & veggies.  Isn't that enough to worry about?

Hoping this problem gets solved.  I've printed my first week of Happy Herbivore menu for the week, highlighting my grocery list... & it DOES include lost of fruits & veggies...

let's hope next week is full of check marks...

How about you?  You ever marked how many fruits & veggies you had in a day?

Would you be shocked too?

1 comment:

  1. Hi - first time commenter, here. But I wanted to let you know you have motivated me to get out there and be more intentional about my running. And I've started keeping a food diary this year (two diaries, actually -- it's nuts). One is on loseit.com and is linked to a challenge with Panera Bread. The other is on MyFitnessPal and is linked to my Pact account (formerly known as GymPact). I made a pact with myself (and through Pact) to eat 7 fruits or veggies a week -- I know I'll eat more than that but Pact is an incentive program that pays me when I meet my Pact ... or charges me real-life money if I don't meet it. I'm poor and can't afford to be losing money just because I didn't eat an apple a day or a salad for lunch. Not sure if it will help you but I wanted to let you know about it. Sorry to have gone on for so long for my first comment -- I've been a blog-stalker but wanted to actually pipe in and comment this time. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**