Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I am a Nutrition Journal NERD!!!




So, some of you had mentioned something about the charts I keep when I do my month end posts.

I will admit, I am a chart nerd.
I am a journal nerd.
I am just plain a nerd.

Admitted.

But my secret it out - I am a bigger nerd then you ever thought.

I blame my Moleskin Journal.
It's fantastic.
It calls to me.  Speaks to my soul.
"Write in me"



So for the past 3 months, I have drawn up a chart, with the thanks of all those little squares keeping me straight & organized, at the beginning of every few days to track my health & nutrition for the day.

Now, I know... I KNOW...
There's apps for that.

I did the MyFitnessPal thing for months.  Like MONTHS!
Like I was on a 7 month streak.
but when I went to camp with my youth kiddos & didn't get to log in & that number streak went back to zero - it took a part of me with it.

I'll admit - it didn't really do much good for me anyways.

I couldn't find things, or some of the calorie counts were so different.

Look up a Venti Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks - bet you get at least 5 different calorie counts.

So I made up my own chart.

Where I can write down what I eat.
How much water I drink.
How much coffee or tea I drink.
When I work out - what I do
How I feel... emotionally & physically

& yeah, I don't have things that tell me how many calories I have left in my day, but that's OK

I do have a chart that tells me how many fruits & veggies I ate instead.
More important things to me.

& the best thing to me?

When I get a new page to start a new day.

Nothing like the sense of a fresh start.

Who knows - I may need to reach out to a publisher.
I think I have a winning idea for a journal on my hands.

Do you Journal your 'health' things?



The Blonder Side of Life

7 comments:

  1. There's something great about creating your own tracker for things. Sure, you could get one of the many apps that exist for probably the exact same purpose, but then you have to conform to someone else's ideas. No! I make my own rules! And tapping away at a phone will never be as satisfying as a pen and paper. So there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journaling is legit! You deserve an award! Maybe something I can physically write it would help keep me better organized. I'm scattered! Now I need to go find a cute journal/planner!
    xo,
    Krissy @ Sneakers and Sequins

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so creative! Honestly, I prefer tracking my stuff on actually paper than using all those fancy apps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep a spreadsheet of my miles and write a post every Sunday describing and reflecting on my workouts for the week prior. I've always tracked my miles with either Runkeeper or Garmin, but the posts just took it to a whole new level. I love being able to see not only what I ran but how it felt, what was challenging, etc. Keeping track of health/fitness stuff is so huge in making progress, I think. Nothing is motivating quite like seeing how far you've come!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a moleskin for my day to day stuff but I use the Up app!
    <3 Sarita it's my girls' world

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME!!!!
    I totally journal, I used to write a small snippit of every single day, I did that for like almost 10 years of my life, I have slacked:) But I do journal the main events and even my running progress.
    I think journal writing is awesome, and if that means we are nerds then so be it, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love journals and keeping track of things! I used to use MyFitness pal, but since becoming pregnant I don't really do much. I really should to keep myself in check....

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**