Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Starting again... about 2 miles BEHIND the start line....

I did it...

I worked out last night.


I haven't really worked out good since October... when I was on vacation, then got a cold, then got my mystery side pain & the holidays & blah blah blah...

I can feel the difference from not working out & watching my food in the past 2 months.

I mean, I FEEL it...

my body just feels off, it feels heavy, I don't feel good.

With this side pain, its been even more aggravating because I literally am in pain 24/7 now.  But I thought, screw it, I have to start somewhere.... so last night, after getting home from an x-ray of my side, I put on sweat pants, my Nike watch & head to the treadmill.

I didn't care to run - just like my resolution - to just move...

Oh my gosh... I didn't realize how much out of shape I am, or feel.


I walked 1.81 miles in 35 minutes.  I felt like a elephant trudging along.

& the worst part.... within the first 15 minutes, my low back starting twanging. My knee started aching. My side pain that is always there welcomed all the aches & pains & said, more people to party with...

& then, I got off the treadmill & just felt even more 'off'... I was dizzy.  I felt strange.


I took my blood pressure about 30 minutes after getting off the treadmill & it was high & slightly odd... the first one was 150/95... the next time I took it about 15 minutes later, it was like 110/89 - which I always heard you don't want those numbers to be so close together.  Then I started mildly freaking out.. what is going on?  My blood pressure is normally like 101/58... LOW... my heart rate was staying in the 90's too.

I don't know if it was because my body was in pain... I don't know if it was because I had a stressful Monday... I don't know if it was because I had to go for my x-ray & am freaking the freak out slightly stressed about what this pain is...

Needless to say, I sat down & watched The Bachelor & knitted some more & just tried to make myself relax...


But I just sat there feeling awful.  Feeling useless.  Feeling like I am not only back at the start line... but I am a few miles BEHIND it... I've never felt this out of shape.  I've never felt this wrong or off.

This morning, I took my blood pressure & it was better. 110/70 ... my back pain didn't linger.  My knee is just its normal ache.  My side pain, still there...

So I'm going to work out again tonight.  Something slow.  I won't push it. I know I have a journey to go down... again... but I've done it before - I'll do it once more.


10 comments:

  1. oh darl, i'm sorry it was so sucky and your blood pressure was all out of whack. glad you felt better this morning and good for you for staying so positive - good luck for tonight's workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're going through this! I can't imagine how frustrating that must be. Hope your workout tonight is better than last night so you can get back to where you want to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like so many people have these annoyances right now that are just preventing them from moving forward with what they want to do. Health concerns, job concerns...ugh! Can we go back a few years to when everyone was doing really well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! You know its so easy for us to get down on ourselves for things, but we have to remember we are trying and that is the important part. Some people would give anything to be able to get 2 miles in, some just wish they could get around the block. It doesn't matter where we start, all that matters is that we do. You did, and enjoy it, take your time and just enjoy the beginning experience again:) You'll probably be inspiring others around you the same time:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you and I like that you aren't going to push it. Even slow exercise is still good for the body :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think through this. You're berating yourself for accomplishing your goal to move. Easier said than done but I know I do exactly what you're doing and then someone says something like this to me and I get mad and then realize they were right. So get mad at me and then feel good that you accomplished your goal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taking your time is the best thing you could do for yourself! "Progress not perfection" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So proud of you for doing it, even though you didn't feel like it. I'm right there with ya, I feel slow and just 'heavy'. Something I haven't felt in a long time. And I don't like it.
    Keep it up! I hope all the aches and pains go away soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really wish they could figure out your side pain :\ Also knitting and the Bachelor have been scientifically proven to make one feel better. Pretty sure it's a fact or something...Feel better my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've really got a worrisome situation there. Side pains are extra problematic, since they affect the basic movement of one's body. It’s good that you are keeping an eye on this, Rebecca. It is best to be vigilant when it comes to one’s body, after all.

    Natasha Shelton @ CCOE

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**