Tuesday, January 13, 2015

2 bad phone calls....

This is how life is treating me lately

Yep... I started off the first week of the year with good intentions.

Walking Monday & Tuesday... & then life sorta came in the rest of the week

... & now, life is just laughing at me.

I had the goal of going home after work & getting back on my treadmill for a Monday...

but I got a phone call that first told me that my ribs are perfectly fine & now they have to do a scan of my liver.  I don't get it.  My liver enzymes were perfect... the doctor even told me "better then good" with how low they were. I'm not sure why they are looking at my liver.

They say liver & my mind instantly hears "this isn't going to be good"

Chalk it up to all the horror stories I read on WebMD or Google.


I was anxious about that phone call but then thought, if its going to hurt, I'm still going to work out...

& then I got a phone call again...

this time telling me my mom is in the ER with what they think is a stroke.
WHAT?
The right side of her face was drooping, along with her mouth & she was slurring her speech.  Luckily, my new sucky work place has a benefit - it is only 5 minutes from the hospital she was taken too...

she was right there in the hallway - yes, hallway... another story... & let's just say, working out was the last thing on my mind.  I didn't even get home until the moon was high in the sky & I had enough time to get cleaned up, grab a few hours of shut eye & headed right back out...

(as of this moment, she's still in the hospital getting a MRI done.... I'll know more soon)

But yeah... life hasn't started off well for us...

2015. I thought you were going to be my friend.  Not the evil cousin of 2014.

2015... we're not starting off on good terms

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope your mom is ok and out of the hospital soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. Prayers for everyone's health! I hope your year turns around soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your mom! You'll seriously be in my thoughts and prayers, both for your mom and for you! Hopefully, they are just doing the liver thing as a precaution. Think positive thoughts my friend, things will work out in good ways!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh I'm so sorry to hear about all that!! I was reading Romans 8 this morning, this verse is for you today! "But in ALL these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us." I love that!
    You have the victory! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so sorry to hear about your mom darl, hope everything gets better soon! maybe january is gonna suck but the rest of the year will be better? and stop reading webmd ;)

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**