Thursday, October 24, 2013

Virtual 50k for Breast Cancer

At the end of September, one of the cool running bloggers that I follow offered up a Virtual Race.

Jess ( www.runwithjess.com ) has put on virtual races before & does them well.

This one was different.  It was about biking... for a good cause.  For Breast Cancer Awareness.  It was labeled #RaceOutCancer ... I'm all about that...

I hate cancer...

I also hate riding bikes...

I hate cancer worse....

But I was willing to do it for the cause & to give my body something else to work at.  I love goals.

Jess made it easy on us... either ride the 31 miles in one shot... which my butt screamed this...

Have you ever rode on a bike for the first time after not riding for awhile?
Ohhhh.... the pain in places you didn't know could hurt!!!

Or you could ride 7.74 miles once a week for 4 weeks
or 1 mile a day in October
or take 2 spinning classes

Well, I ended up doing my own thing... I ended up riding longer on some days then others & broke it up.  I think it took me 5 rides. 

The longest was last night... I had 6.40 miles to go... & October is running out & I wanted to knock this in the butt..
no pun intended...

Hopped back on the spinner & nailed it out...

In the end, my rear end is really getting used to the spinning thing.
Now, not so sure my low back is... but my bum is...

I take these things seriously too... thought about the aches & pains in my low back & my rear ... & to think that aint NOTHING compared to the awesome people who battle cancer every day... to the beautiful women who knock out Breast Cancer every day...

Tough people in this world...

So this new experience was for them...



Who knows... maybe I'll get a real bike & find that its my calling...

image
This would totally be my luck


you never know...stranger things have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**