Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Hello Ice Pack.. my old friend...

Monday... it was beautiful... I was pumped to go...

I walked out of work & breathing in the air.  It was warmer then I expected, which I didn't mind...

I ran to Target to pick up some photography/office supplies & then made my stop at Starbucks.

This has become my 'fuel' for the evenings lately...

image
Who needs a Starbucks energy boost in the afternoon?
ME!!!!

I get home, get out of the car & go out in the driveway to love on the neighbor's dog... a big yellow lab that is the sweetest giant I've ever grabbed & squeezed like my life depended on it.  My husband got home right when I did so we're standing in the drive way talking about how beautiful the day was...

No time to waste... let me go get my running shoes on...

I turn & OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My knee...

I will say, it had aggravated me at lunch earlier, but it worked out the more I walked...

So I went on & put on my running clothes, moaning & groaning with every step I took.  The Hubs said, "you're not really thinking of running when you're already miserable"...

Of course I am... hello?  Have you ever met me?

I turn on the Garmin, got my shoes laced... step out of the door.. & this is what happened


image
except when I laid down, I had a giant yellow lab lick my face

Oh man... the pain....

I have a wedding coming on Saturday & knew I shouldn't push my knee too much...

But I was determined with my 1 mile challenge.  Day 7... I'm not backing down.

So I grabbed my iPod & Nike app & put it on one mile... I didn't care if it took me 30 minutes.  I was getting my mile in....

30 minutes? Funny, right?... it did take me 19 minutes though. 
A painful 19 minutes... but it was done.

This is where I spent the rest of my evening editing pictures... one leg up with ice on the knee...

Hello ice pack, my old friend

I can feel my runner's knee flaring up...
I'm used to it.
I've always had knee problems
always will have knee problems...

Its just another thing I'm used too

But score for me, stupid knee... I got my mile in... I'll keep getting my miles in!

 IN YOUR FACE!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**