Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Aches & pains, virtual racing & 2 lbs?

 
Last night I got on the treadmill for my hour of Biggest Loser.
 
Actually used it as my virtual race for US Road Running ...
 
If you've never done a virtual race, this place is very nice.
 
 
You register for a race, do it during the month, send them the times & you can compare yourself to everyone around the US... AND you get a medal!! They are NICE medals too.
 
I'm actually trying a new virtual racing program - Jost Running ... http://jostrunning.com/
 
Their medal for November is awesome!  They're also more expensive.  So you have to decide what you like best.
website.jpg
The medal for the 5k

 

 
So I'm on the treadmill & the whole time, my low back is just aching & moaning at me.  Its so frustrating.  Don't know why its so aggravated again.  I think from the 12 hour wedding I did while carrying 3 bags around my body the whole time.  Could be something to do with it..  mm...
 
But I keep on.
 
 
 
Running really is this for me... an argument...
 
My brain tells me to stop... but the other part tells me to keep pushing myself.  My back would hurt if I was sitting on the couch, so why not try & make myself healthier?
 
So I did my virtual race on the treadmill, watching Biggest Loser... trying to get lost it in so I can get my mind off my back...
 
I love the hour long shows now... not messing around.
 
But this week, it all came down to one person's weight.  Talk about pressure.  I'd freak out.  And on the White Team, the roll of the dice came down to Fernada.  Bless her her.  She only lost 2 lbs while every around her was shedding it off.    Her team lost, she was below the red line... she was sent home...
 
Jillian just reminded her that she did nothing wrong - it was just the weight for that week.
 
I get it... it feels like you work so hard sometimes & then that's all the results show?
 
Its so unfair...
 
It makes you want to quit... to give up...
 
Its that struggle with the brain - not even with running this time... but everything.  Want to give up?  Or you want to keep going?
 
These battles happen every day...
 
I know I want to keep going...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**