Friday, October 11, 2013

Running in the Fall


Fall is coming...

What am I talking about?  Fall is here...

Running in the fall is all sorts of great...

Its cool temperatures, not worrying about the nasty sweating as much as usual.  It even involves compression sleeves that helps with the cooler temps.

Its running with beautiful settings all around.  Leaves changing along the path making a colorful run much better then green or brown everywhere.  Oranges & reds & yellows are always a beautiful addition.

The down side... you have to watch for acorns on the ground.  I've gone down a hill & hit one & made me crumble on my ankle & nearly do a great face plant.  I think it was all in slow motion too.  That's always the worse.  Acorns are everywhere though.   Small, but dangerous. Where are the squirrels when you need them?

The worst part of running in the fall?  It's getting darker & darker every day.  I ran Monday & the sun was starting to set earlier... & when it gets behind trees, it gets REALLY dark.  Even a few days makes a difference.  I ran yesterday & at my 2 mile mark, it was completely sunless... when just the other day, the sun was peaking right at the end of the path. 

At this rate, it'll be completely dark so early, I'll be back on the treadmill... or strapping on flashlights everywhere...

As with everything - there's good & bad...
 
Thumbs Up:  Running challenge - Day 3 - 4.46 Miles
Thumbs Down:
 
FitBit Stats:  12,618 Steps / 6.81 miles / 2856 Calories Burned



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**