Well, not a great week... only because I was super swamped & on the move the whole time - so while not working out, I wasn't lazy. Let's make that noted
Monday - C25K Week 5
I felt really good on this one.. but its also the run that sparked my post last week about being a slower runner then a fast walker. The jury is still out on how that affects me mentally or what I'll choose to do more - I guess I just need to listen to my body because ultimately, the aches & pains of being in my mid-40's pretty much rules everything anyways.... but look at that mid-40 yr old body give a good jump! GO GIRL
Tuesday - Upper Fix
I picked up my weights to 7 lbs... which my left arm loves. My right arm is saying, "Did you forget you basically need shoulder surgery?"... blah. But yeah. Like I always say, I'm pressing on. I need to get these flabby arms toned up.
Wednesday - Cardio Fix
I normally go for a run on Monday & Wednesdays... but I knew the weather was going to be better the next few days so I thought I'll switch it up. & this may not be a run, but its a sweat gusher of a workout. & apparently a very serious work out if you look at the facial expressions. #IDontPlayAround
Here's where everything went downhill in the 'workout' sense.
Thursday - I had a wedding rehearsal & didn't get home until about 8. & it was gorgeous out & I could have gone out for a late run & I just had too much to do - with getting equipment ready & trying to get life in order a bit. & I figured I would work out on Friday since it was going to be beautiful
... except Friday came & went & I never worked out. I got home from work & was exhausted. Beat down. Fridays catch up all the week stress on me in 1 day. I just wanted to get some rest - especially knowing I'd be on my feet the ENTIRE day the next day.
Saturday - WEDDING DAY!
No 'real' work out, but I got in over 17,000 steps - so yeah, I was on the move all day long. Not to mention, I probably only ate about 750 calories for the day as well... wedding photography diet plan.
* I tried to get more on track this week & again, Friday & Saturday threw me off. The hubs picked up pizza & I did good keeping it down to 2 slices... but then had 1 more. Hey, 3 slices is great for a girl like me who can usually eat a whole medium by myself. But 2 slices would have been perfect for my 21 day fix. & honestly, I didn't really blow anything with my meal plan, I had some room for that day to eat - I just didn't like that feeling of riding the edge of over eating again. I don't want to go back to that.
* I also had my first York Peppermint patty since June 1st. Had it for basically my whole meal for Wedding day. I knew I'd need sugar in the day... it was kinda my life saver for the busy day. So I'll not take too much heat for that snack.
* Sunday was my biggest failure. We went out to celebrate a friend's ministry work & they had cake. I've done good to turn down all cake offered to me since June 1st but I gave in & ate a small slice. It wasn't even something that I was like, OH MY GOSH - THIS IS WONDERFUL. Every bite I was like, "mmm, this is ok" & then felt like it was going to make me feed bad about it. I don't think I'll be as sad skipping a piece of cake again, so there's that good that came out of it.
* Iced Coffee count? Too many to keep track of. That would be interesting to see how many I drink in a week. As of today, already 1 down.
* I appreciate all the kind words over all the church drama happening... our pastor ended up stepping down this week so now we don't know where our church is headed - I'm hoping towards healing, but that's still going to be a bumpy road. Needless to say, I stood in my church youth room & cried after the kids left with sad faces & confusion on what was happening in their church & seeing the loss of friends as they left the church. It's a trying time.
* My spirit was also lifted as I got to share in the beautiful wedding day I got to photograph this weekend. Gorgeous bride & grooms & stunning wedding days make me happy to be able to capture for beautiful people.
How was your week?
Give me a high & a low