Monday, July 6, 2015

Ups & Downs: 4th of July edition

I actually forgot I used to do this for the weekend....
 
let's take a look back on the long weekend

UP // Got my workout in early on Friday before my weekend kicked off


UP // The little grandbabies - Super Grands - Super Dudes - little dudes - Grandsons - were up. It's weird what to call them because they're not 'babies' & I want a cool name for them, well, because they are pretty cool.

DOWN // Pappy still wins for the favorite person...


UP // ... but I did get a lot of hugs so I know they love me too.

UP // Got to take the boys and my twin nieces to see Inside Out.  Loved looking down the row & seeing all their sweet faces.

DOWN // It cost $58.00 for all of us to get into the movies. Crazy.


UP // Glad I don't really care for popcorn when I go to the movies & everyone around me is eating it knowing I wouldn't be able to eat it if I wanted to.

UP // driving in the car with my nieces.  They are at such a fun age right now.

UP // the weather was wonderful for the 4th of July!  Warm, but not miserable... no rain... perfect during firework time

UP // my dad's neighbors do a MASSIVE firework show.  We get a front row seat every year.

DOWN // my dad's poor horse was terrified. I feel so bad for all the animals around.


DOWN // Dang 21 day fix... my mom & dad had a caramel apple pie for the 4th... & I didn't have one piece.  I was having an inner pouting session about it.

UP // Took the time to get some pictures of Julie & her gang

UP // Finally figured to ask for cream in my iced coffee at Starbucks to make it taste less harsh.


UP // Made it through teaching at church for the Youth when my weekend had so many distractions.

UP //  Got to hear one of the guys who USED to be a youth kiddo - now a husband & father & a minister... he's so impressive.

UP // the Super Grands are now into board games. That makes me so happy.



DOWN // when the Super Grands get upset about leaving. When they get sad & grumpy, it breaks my heart....

UP // ... but I'm so glad we're only 3 hours apart now.  Nashville is SO much better then Texas!


So I think we got more UPS then DOWNS... I'll take that.
 
What was the UP & DOWN for your weekend?

8 comments:

  1. I'm curious...what do the grands call you? Anything cool like RoJo? LOL! You had so many more Ups than Downs which is a huge win in my book. How did the horse get so patriotic???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm nothing cool - just plain ole Nanny :) The hubs is Pappy ... I should have totally gone with Glama :)
      My dad paints the horse for all the holidays :) Just water based paint so it comes right off with a good wash... or rain :)

      Delete
  2. Movies are sooo expensive! And I wish I didn't care for popcorn...I'm a huge popcorn fan. I think my parents instilled it in me. When we go to the movies and get popcorn, my fiance stops eating long before I do. It's the one thing I always eat more of than him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the patriotic scarf, so pretty!
    Dang that is one expensive trip to the movies. I rarely go because I hate being in a theatre that long, but when I do, I usually stop at the store and bring my own snacks (I sneak my own candy in...shhhh).

    Yay for the good fireworks but boo that they always scare the poor animals. I can only imagine what they think is going on!

    So cool that one of your old kiddos is now grown. I can't believe some of my students that I had in middle school are now grown and have babies! It's nice to see them grown up but definitely makes me feel old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. why are movies so expensive?! it's a bit ridiculous isn't it. we rarely go because of that. $60 could have fed you all instead lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate how expensive the movies are, I hardly ever take my kids as a result, I think they get to go to one maybe two movies a year if they are lucky. We are planning to go and see Minions.

    Looks like overall a way good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. More Up's than downs are always great!
    I hate how expensive it is to go to the movies these days! I am cheap now, I only go during the day on Tuesday's (because here they have $5 before 5 on Tuesdays:) I do get popcorn though, actually the popcorn costs more than the movie tickets, LOL
    Sounds like you had lots of fun times this week!

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**