Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Failure... but a winner!

OK... confession time...

I've failed.  Once again.


I started out with great intentions with these Christmas/December challenges.  How hard is one mile a day for 40 days?  ... hard when weekends come & you're out Christmas shopping from sun rise to sun down... add in a few parties, throw in wrapping presents, & don't forget the trying to keep a little bit organized (insert mad laughter)... yeah, it gets hard.

I will say, I'm sticking to the plank challenge.  Though, I will do a confession again & say that I've had to go to my knees to do the planks.  My low back was hurting so bad for the length of time - which I'm up to 2 minutes now - that I had to do something.  And believe me, the abs are still shaking like a violent earthquake.  My back still feels it too, but not as extreme.  I figure if I do the rest of the challenge on my knees - get the abs SOME WHAT used to exercises again, then next month I can repeat it in the full out position.

Small steps people...

whatever works for me...

I need to keep remembering that.  Because its so easy to look at myself & see "FAILURE" written across my face - but I'm doing what works for me... not you... not the people who are already fit... not the people who have great abs & a great low back...

Me... the out of shape person who keeps trying...


On a positive note.  I was a winner from an incredible runner's blog.  Anita is such a fantastic woman of faith who shares her love for God & his word!!!  Plus she's just an awesome runner.  Hello New York City Marathon runner!

Check her out!:
http://nitasliferunning.blogspot.com/

... & I won a giveaway she had.


I always say I love runner's give aways... healthy great stuff.

Though Ricky claimed the bath salt.  Granted - he has a lot of stress & he walks at least 15 miles a day - he deserves a good soak.

So not all is bad - right?

The Holidays are almost here... the New Year will begin with a bunch of goals, challenges, resolutions...

As of right now, making it through.... with my dark chocolate bar I won!  YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**