Friday, December 6, 2013

December Challenges... Wan? or Rulk?

So yes, I posted about a Plank Challenge for December & I've not just talked about it & then said, "Screw that"... I started it...

& man oh man... I had no idea how bad my abs are!  Right now, on day 5, I'm up to 40 seconds & I shake like a building in an earthquake rating a 10.0 ... its crazy...

& I can't believe that I'm supposed to hold that pose for 5 minutes in just a few weeks.  I'm expecting some sort of Ab-Plank-Fairy to come drop pixie dust on my abs at night to give me strength to make it.




1 HOUR & 20 MINUTES?  & I'm complaining about 5 minutes?
The Plank Fairy must REALLY like him!

I also can't imagine what I'll do while in that position for 5 minutes... that's a long time to be in a position where your face is just a foot from the ground.



There's an idea....

I expect one of my dogs to just crawl on my back & take a short snooze...

I'm also keeping up with my #RWRunStreak... which for me, should be called #RWWalkStreak ... or #RWRulkStreak ... or #RWWanStreak ... I'm doing a mile every day (if not more) but not killing myself.  Don't get me wrong, I still sweat, & I still try to get a better time then the night before...

But I've really accepted & been easier on myself about not trying to be something I'm not.  I'm not going to be the fastest- never was, not planning on it at 41 years old... I'm not going to be this amazing story that makes people think, "Wow - I want to be like her"... I'm just trying to realize that I'm climbing up the hill (not over it yet.. right?) & I just want to stay as healthy as I can... keeping an eye on my back & knee & not make things more miserable.  So yes, sweat is involved... pain?  I don't want to make it worse... I want to be smart...

I'm going to just keep working at it in small steps.  Like I posted on Instagram the other day, small steps make for BIG distances if kept consistent.



Last night I even incorporated an old school VHS Pilates video.  I really want to tone up the core, & I know Pilates is about that... but my hips & quads were the ones aching in this work out...

I guess its all connected though...

& I know it all needs to be strengthened...


So I keep trying to do just that.

Anyone else doing any challenge in December?

How long can you hold a plank?

Which is better?  #RWWanStreak or #RWRulkStreak?

2 comments:

  1. cute blog:) i'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to check out this plank challenge! Plank is one of the poses in yoga and I often say the Lord's prayer and 23rd Psalm while holding it, but I would need to repeat several times to hold for 5 minutes. I think this is a challenge I will accept! Nice to see you guest-blogging for Adventures of D and V!

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**