Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Starting from scratch...

Remember those days when I was talking about running, or P90X, or T25...

ahh.. memories...


I have been out of this working out thing for awhile now.  Starting at the end of October. 

Vacation, injuries, sickness, ER visits with weird side pain (that's still aggravating)

Not to mention depression from the time change & darkness & cold... I seriously have SADD... to the biggest extent possible.





But I worked out... for the first time in what felt like forever this week.

It was a pretty easy work out.  Wanted to try out my compression sleeves & to do that, I actually had to sweat.

All I can say is .... DEAR LORD...


I felt like I had never worked out a day in my life.

I felt so freaking old.

I felt so out of shape.

I felt like crap.


I realize I'm back to the beginning.

But I've been there before... & I worked myself up... to even more injuries! :) yippee!
I'll get there again... with even more injuries!! yehhawww!!

I have the worst outlook on life sometimes.


Anyways, I even registered for a virtual 5k that kicks off 2015.

At least I'm headed in the right direction.
I'll take it slow.  I'll try to start working out a few nights a week.  Get myself ready to kick it in full gear Jan 1st...

2015 has just GOT to be a better year...

 

5 comments:

  1. Good luck to you! Hey at least the compression sleeves got you working out! I'm really trying to build a base back up to strengthen up. I feel I have been slacking the month of November and now this pesky knee pain is back. I have 30 days till Marathon day and to say I am worried is an understatement! -M

    ReplyDelete
  2. the good thing is that this time you'll most likely strengthen and get better faster, at least thats how its been for me when i've taken breaks. just take it slow and you'll get there! you're awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scratch is better than nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya sista! I know the feeling. Hopefully NO more injuries though! I agree that 2015 has to be better, I'm ready for this year to end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been through a lot this year and when you start back up its SO SO frustrating and hard, but remember that you WILL get back to where you were before--just keep your eye on the prize!!

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**