Friday, December 19, 2014

Friday Five: Christmas Traditions

Christmas Traditions

ONE // Happy Birthday cake for Jesus


I started this tradition when my nieces were born. I wanted them to remember what the season was about, so every year, I order a real birthday cake, with Happy Birthday Jesus written on it & we sing the Happy Birthday song every year before we dig in.  I love this tradition.  I'll do it every year.  (Which reminds me, I need to get my order in)


TWO //  Old Fashion Crème Drops


My dad started me on this when I was little.  You take one of these, smash it (& be prepared - its TOUGH. I use like a medal spatula) & put on a saltine cracker.  Put in the microwave for just a few seconds where they become creamy & melty... YUMMM!!!! Makes me travel right back to childhood.  (which reminds me I need to find these - not easy to do)


THREE // Christmas morning Breakfast


I usually don't make up a big breakfast.  Ricky isn't a big breakfast person anyways.  But on Christmas, I make it anyways.  He rarely eats a lot of it, but its there if he changes his mind.  (which reminds me I need to get stuff for biscuits)


FOUR // Christmas morning presents


Ricky & I usually have our breakfast & then sit in the living room floor with our dogs & bring our gifts out to each other.  We're like little kids.  He is always so good at spoiling me & I try my best to try & surprise him.  Then its time to play with our new 'toys'... abet, usually something electronic qualifies as toys.  Ricky usually ends up taking a nap & I end up watching Christmas movies.


FIVE // Family



We head over to my parents on Christmas for lunch or dinner & we open presents with my parents & my brother & SIL & twin nieces.  It's always a fun time.  I always hate when its over because I know its back to work the next day & back to 'life'... even though we typically still have 2 more Christmas celebrations AFTER Christmas.  Christmas needs to be longer then a day... honestly...

What are your Christmas traditions?

8 comments:

  1. I want to eat that whole tree right now. What a brilliant idea!
    I LOVE that kid on Christmas morning feeling! I am already planning on being up extra early so I can see the look on my daughter's face when she sees her presents under the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you get a birthday cake for Jesus. It is such a great message to show young children so they know the true meaning of Christmas and it's just not all about gifts.-L

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great memories and traditions! Love the cake for Jesus idea!!!
    Have a great Christmas Rebecca!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that cinnamon tree! We usually eat Kringle which is also delish

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cinnamon roll tree!! Totally stealing that for Christmas morning!! Thanks babes!!
    xo Krissy @ Sneakers and Sequins

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that you make a cake for jesus - that is awesome and so on point! merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm those cinnamon rolls look yummy! I was at Ikea and the smell of them just wafts through the checkout line area. Pure evil!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cake! I want to start doing that next year!

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**