Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Let it be...

No... we're not talking about the Beatles...

We're talking about The Biggest Loser.

I was back on my treadmill doing my #RWRunStreak & watching my Dolvett & the other trainers...

Dolvett gets Rachel back in the pool during last night’s The Biggest Loser. Watch the full episode here.
Just because every post need Dolvett next to a pool...
Not the kind of trunks I'd imagine him choosing to wear.

This week, one person had to go home with a trainer & his weight would be against the other teams.  Jillian got to go home with him as well.  The winner was Jay.  Or Cowboy as I call him.  I mean, who wears a cowboy hat 24/7 while working out?  I guess Jay does.


 


We learned a lot about Jay while he was home.  The things that made him who he was, the things that devastated him & the things that may have caused his weight issues & his issues with food.

At one point, when he was talking about his parents divorce & his childhood home burning down, Jillian asks him, "What ended?"... she went on to talk about to have something born (an issue with food/eating), something had to die.. what was it?

Jillian goes on to talk about how we sometimes go through things that causes a piece of us to die...

Jay finally admits that a part of him died...
What died?  "I did" ...

it broke my heart...

I mean literally on the treadmill with tears streaming down my face.  Thank goodness my treadmill belt has a good traction on it or I'd slip in my own tears.
How tragic would that be?

I think if you've ever been in a situation where you've been so hurt, ever had regrets you couldn't stand, ever felt like a part of you has literally died... you would understand this moment.

Jay then goes on & says that he's trying to move on from it... & Jillian said something that punched me in the gut...

"Let it be"

Finding acceptance in things ...
Refocusing...

It was really powerful...at least for me...

I remember the episode I posted about not too long ago where the person admitted that he jailed himself...

This eating thing... its tough on some people... its a way of comfort, of dealing with hurt, of trying to make struggle easy, of coping by shutting yourself off from the world...
 
& the messed up thing?  It only causes more issues that makes you want to do these things even more.

Jillian Harris could have sent me a bill for therapy last night & I would have paid it...

In the end, Jay killed it & was safe...

& boo... my Velvet Teddy Bear was once again sent packing...
 
Good bye... again...


Now if he comes back again, something is gonna be fishy...
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Rebecca jo..You won one of my contests and I wanted to send you a little gift but I do not have your address. If you email me your address I will send out your goodies!!

    Anita
    nitagirl@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**