Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Who I Run 4....

 
I have felt blah lately... not really myself
 
Vacation took it out of me I think
 
The time change didn't help either
 
Not to mention the runner's knee flared up & the low back pain reminding me how messed up my back now is...
 
But everything got turned around this morning...I got an email message on Facebook
Something I've been waiting on for about 3 months...
 
 
 
A match...
 
See, there's this incredible program called "I Run 4......"
 
 
You click the "Match me" button & you get on the list of being paired up with a special needs child.  Then you run for that partner of yours.  Every run you do during the week, the races, the training... you run with the thought of that person in your mind... run for the person who can't
 
I got my match today...
 
Her name is Reagan...
 
I'm not allowed to show her picture unless her parent/guardian allows it.... Not even supposed to be up a lot of personal information about her unless also given permission... I totally respect that...
 
But let me tell you - I have seen her face this morning... & the picture of her was in a Cinderella dress,  gloves that have Belle on them & a magic wand & tiara with pictures of Rapunzel on them... this beautiful face is who I run for now...
 
My day has been made...
 
My running spirit has been restored...
 
I now have a reason to run again... not for only me... but for this beautiful Princess
 
I now run 4 Reagan!!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**