Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Amber ROCKS!!!

Yes, I am a Dancing with the Stars Fan...

Watched from season 1 all the way to last night's Finale...

There have been some people who won that I've rooted for, others that I've not been their biggest cheerleader, but last night was one of those nights that I was excited for.  Excited enough that when they announced Amber as the winner, I literally popped up out of bed & shouted, YES!!!!

image

One thing struck me last night though... we all can see Amber is a different shape then most of the other people, but she could see dance like no other... obviously - she won!  I always loved that about her.  Her weight or size didn't hold her back.  She went for the moves 110% & it paid off.

But what really hit me was when they were asking the pro's about the final 3, Cheryl said, "She doesn't have the body of a normal dancer but she still has the moves"...


First, what struck me was this comment was from a lady who had an eating disorder herself - had been publicly trashed for gaining weight one year, has a contract with Jazzercise as well.  Her weight was a big deal.  And yet, she was the one who made a comment about another woman's weight.


Not that she was so gigantic, but the press made a big deal about it


That just disturbed me...

Not to mention that no one even thought twice about Jack Osbourne or made a comment that he too did not have the body of a dancer.  He never took his shirt of & danced with a 6 pack that was tanned in the right places.

He is still stinking adorable!!!!


It just frustrates me the pressure we put on women in this world... the double standards of it all...

But in the end, Amber was like, "take this non-dancer's body & shove it... give me my mirror ball"


She even said after she won a comment about how it didn't matter how what size you are, you can do anything...Go girl!!

But do you think Jack would have had to make that same comment?

Messed up...

But today, I'll shake my 'non dancer's body" in honor of Amber & all the girls who still got moves & not stick thin!


I just need Derek to meet up with me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**