Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Beginning again... with a lot on my mind.

Tell me how fast you can lose your fitness.

I mean, I feel like I had some pretty good fitness in me.... & then I didnt work out for a month & its like I am in square one.  More like, standing behind square one. Geez. My body hurts so bad from just the first day of working out.

My legs?  The muscles are so tight & they ache to even TOUCH.  What the heck?

The only thing I keep telling myself is that I've been in this spot before - & it WILL GET EASIER.  I'll keep telling myself this.  Even as I limp & moan & groan.

Really, its amazing to me to see how the body works. Especially an aging body.  How fast you do lose your fitness... how hard it is to get it back.. how painful it can be.

I just want to get it & not have to start over again.  That's the goal.

Last night's workout was the Upper Body Extreme.

My poor arms were literally shaking for an hour afterwards.  (It will be easier... it will get easier)

These flappy triceps need to get back on track here too so I love doing the upper body.

& thanking Jesus that it wasn't lower body.  With my legs as sore & painful as they were, I would have cried.

(& dreading tonight, because it is lower body)




I felt like my nutrition was pretty good for the most part.

I had a good breakfast... got some protein for a morning snack



... had a good salad full of greens & quinoa for some more protein



& then made up a Mexican bowl - black beans, tomatoes, red peppers & quinoa pasta - topped with avocado. It's delicious. I usually like to put taco sauce on top but we were out. It still tasted wonderful.



But again - I think I ate too much of it.  Lesson learned.

I'm trying not to get discouraged being at the beginning again.

Trying to get in the mind set of acceptance more than anything... & to find that motivation to turn that switch that makes it full dedication.

The first time I changed my eating & lost 40 lbs (... dang, I cant believe I've gained 17 of that back... UGHHH)... I had my mind so set on the goal, nothing swayed me. Put sweets or my favorite treats in front of me & all I saw was my goal. I need that fire in my soul like that again. I think I'm kindling it - its there more than it has been... but I need the fires to EXPLODE.

I'm also kinda frustrated because I've pulled apparently my intercostal muscle again a few weeks back.  The muscle on the bottom of my rib.  I actually was in the ER with it a few years ago because its disturbing how painful it is - & with it being so close to vital organs, like liver, pancreas, stomach, intestines.  I worry its something worst... & then after many tests, they said its a pulled muscle.  Which is crazy.  & it took FOREVER for it to heal. Apparently whenever you breath, it pulls those muscles since they are attached to the ribs so it takes awhile to heal.

I just am a worrier by nature so concerned it is those muscles again & wondering if its something more.

But I did just have blood work done for neuropathy check up - & they tested so much... 6 tubes of blood worth - so if it was something serious, that would have shown up in that, right?  .... this is me trying to convince myself all is well.

It's just literally a PAIN. A PAINFUL PAIN so its just another thorn in my side (literally) on starting over & feeling so badly.

But, say it with me.... It will get easier.

Pressing On to a new day!!!!

35 comments:

  1. Yes! It will get easier and I'm right there with you on starting back at the beginning. If it makes it easier, try not looking at the big picture or at a long-term goal just yet. Just one day at a time and remember that what you're doing in that moment is for the betterment (?) of your body/health/mind. ... (off to Google if betterment is a word)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I feel ya on the fitness front. I didn't run for a week while I was on vacation and then could not run when I cam back due to illness. I have my race on Saturday and my legs currently feel like Jello. This is not going to end well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Losing fitness is the worst. it's so easy to do and so hard to get back in shape which is so unfair when you work so hard. You've got this, one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post as I really need to get back into my fitness and get going on these things again! That Mexican bowl looked so good too! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I met you on your Knit By God's Hand blog, but thought I'd see what this one was all about. I see it's been a while since you posted and I can't help but wonder how you're doing. I am in your same shoes...lost so much several years ago and it's all back and now that I'm considerably older, I find it more difficult and very discouraging. I am planning a major life style change in January, so we'll see how that goes. With any luck at all, I"ll be talking about it on my page. I hope your journey is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cảm ơn bạn đã chia sẻ bài viết
    Tôi là Food Blog tôi có nhiều sở thích. Tôi thích đi du lịch và đọc sách. Nhưng sở thích yêu thích của tôi là nấu ăn. Hãy để tôi nói cho bạn biết lý do tại sao! Đầu tiên, tôi sẽ cho bạn biết một chút về lý do tại sao tôi bắt đầu nấu ăn. Thứ hai, tôi sẽ cung cấp cho bạn một số thông tin về những gì tôi thích nấu. Thứ ba, tôi sẽ nói cách tôi sử dụng food near me để nấu ăn.

    Khi tôi bắt đầu nấu ăn, tôi 10 tuổi. Mẹ tôi muốn tôi trở thành một đầu bếp. Bà luôn tin rằng con gái phải làm nhiều loại thức ăn khác nhau, vì một ngày nào đó họ sẽ kết hôn. con gái không nấu ăn là chuyện bình thường. Tôi thấy mình may mắn vì nấu được nhiều món. Bây giờ tôi nấu một số món ăn mà các con tôi và chồng tôi yêu thích, tôi trở nên hạnh phúc và tự hào về mẹ và bản thân tôi. Hãy ghé thăm blog của tôi I am a food blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, they say it doesn't get easier- you just get stronger. And you will! Starting back again is hard- we've all been there. Sounds like you're doing great though- I hope that pulled muscle heals up soon. How annoying to have that to deal with when you're trying to get back in shape! Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you also want a catchy and attractive website that can grab more customers towards your website? If yes then connect with the best Website designing company in Mumbai.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PromoteDial is known as the best SEO Company in bandra where you meet with a trustworthy and realiable SEO services provider. You can get fully digital marketing solution here at an affordable price. Just connect with us for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exotica Housing is one of the best infrastructure company in Delhi. You can connect with us if you want to get your dream house at the best location. Connect with us for more information. Best Developer in Noida

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice Post
    You are providing good information and Keep posting. We also provide IT Service in Meerut and Nearby Area. We offers Following Services
    Website Designing in Ghaziabad
    Website Designing in Hapur
    Web Development Service

    ReplyDelete
  13. Are you looking for the best provider of Residency Visa in Malta? If yes then connect with Steadfast service in Dubai, UAE.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here is the best offer for phone insurance at the affordable price
    iPhone Insurance

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you want to increase your business through a website, and you are looking for a company that designs the website according to your requirement, then contact us, We are the best website design company that provides services in this digital world,
    Website designing company in allahabad

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice post. Thanks for sharing.

    Love: Mariann Yip
    https://www.mariannyc.com/vista-encantada-escape/

    ReplyDelete
  17. We will also analyze your area to define your business personas and their expectations, so as to propose a design in line with your activity and your target audience, contact us
    Website design company Amman

    ReplyDelete
  18. Experience the great learning experience with Infycle Technologies, and feach amazing training in Data Science Training in Chennai And we also come up with courses like Oracle, Java, Data Science, Big data, Python, Manual and Automation Testing, DevOps, Medical Coding, Power BI, Digital Marketing, etc. and we also provide excellent technical trainers with best training 100+ Live Practical Sessions with Real-Time scenarios at the end of the course the freshers, experienced, and Tech professionals will be able to obtain more knowledge of the course and be able to get through the interviews on top MNC’s with an amazing package. For more details approach us on 7504633633, 7502633633.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I got something valuable information from your blog. Thanks for posting it!
    Vastu Expert & Numerologist, Consultant in Dubai UAE

    ReplyDelete
  20. “Like education, healthcare also needs to be given importance.” Baby Care Service

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ester (India) Chemical Pvt Ltd is one of the few Ethyl acetate manufacturer in Sahibabad that can handle bulk orders with ease.

    ReplyDelete
  22. We are the Pine Wooden Pallet Manufacturer in Gurgaon and furthermore the Wooden Pallet Manufacturer in Gurgaon, Delhi, and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Worship has different importance in our country. If you are living in Bengaluru and looking for North Indian Pandit ji in Banglore to perform puja, you can get solutions to all your problems through AstroPanditam, and book pandit ji for puja at home.

    ReplyDelete
  24. CSS Founder is one of the leading website designing company in London, known for their exceptional services and expertise in this field. With a team of creative designers and developers, CSS Founder specializes in creating customized and user-friendly websites that enhance the business's online presence and drive traffic and conversions.

    ReplyDelete
  25. If you need help with your "Saudi Arabia Visa apply online," I highly recommend visiting the website of visits visa. We offer a variety of services, including visa assistance, visa processing, and visa tracking. Our team of experts is knowledgeable and experienced, and they can help you to make sure that your visa application is complete and accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  26. If you want to apply for Dubai Visa You can connect with Dubai Visa Apply Online to get better service for your travel. We are the best in providing E-Visa service at an affordable cost.

    ReplyDelete
  27. When you're excited about a trip to India, unexpected situations can arise, such as denying your Indian E-visa. To travel in India you need a tourist visa and India Visa Apply can help you to get your visa easily at short notice. They offer multiple visa services including Indian tourist visas.

    ReplyDelete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**