Thursday, April 3, 2014

Dancing in my office may save my life...

I'm going to die...

Soon...

Only because of my job.

I've always heard about how bad sitting is for you.  There was even an article in Runner's World a few months back about how its worse for you then even smoking is...


& then I saw this video this morning as well.

Good to know that my odds of dying are better then anyone else...

& its shocking to me to know that working out doesn't really counter the effects of sitting all day...

I'm depressed





(I know... it has a stupid commercial at the beginning... but its worth watching)

This all reminds me how sitting on my bum all day long is bad on my back too.  All that pressure settling down on my low back...

My chair is a monster...


The tips?

 I don't want to talk to my coworkers... I don't like them. Probably because I'm grumpy from sitting all day!
 
Kidding... kinda... maybe not...

But I used to set my timer on my computer every hour to make me stand up & dance or move to a song on the radio, so at least once an hour, my butt gets up from the chair. I need to reinforce this.

Get my jamz on in my office...



It may save my life!

5 comments:

  1. Haha! You have to do all of those dance moves. Please?! I do my best to remain active at my job but people look at you like you're crazy for doing squats in the hallway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES. I try to remind myself of this - Jess over at 'littlemoreeachday' actually did a post on this yesterday I believe. It makes me so incredibly upset to know that my workouts each day aren't enough to stop the bad affects from sitting for 9 hours a day!! I need a walking treadmill desk or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need the same soundtrack in our offices so we can have a virtual dance party! :)

      Delete
  3. Well this is depressing considering I work in an office all day long. I wonder if sitting in a stability ball may help. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... I live in my office about 80% of my day... geez :(

      Delete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**